Into the Still Blue - Veronica Rossi

Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi is the thrilling conclusion to the Under the Never Sky trilogy. I have to admit that I had very high expectations, and Into the Still Blue didn’t quite meet them, but I still enjoyed this ending. Through the Ever Night (the second book) was by far my favorite of the trilogy, which is kind of an amusing opposite of second book syndrome. In any case, Into the Still Blue tells the story that you can expect: Aria and Perry need to get everyone to the Still Blue, and that’s what they set out to do. In part, the predictability is what disappointed me, though I’m not sure what else I expected given the title >.>

Note: I borrowed an ARC of Into the Still Blue from a friend. Some things may be different in the final version.

Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi (Under the Never Sky #3)
Published by HarperCollins on January 28th, 2014
Genres: Post ApocalypticSci-fiYA
Length: 400 pages
How I got my copy: Borrowed
IndieBound - Book Depository - Goodreads
Purchases made support this blog

Their love and their leadership have been tested. Now it's time for Perry and Aria to unite the Dwellers and the Outsiders in one last desperate attempt to bring balance to their world.

The race to the Still Blue has reached a stalemate. Aria and Perry are determined to find this last safe-haven from the Aether storms before Sable and Hess do-and they are just as determined to stay together.

Meanwhile, time is running out to rescue Cinder, who was abducted by Hess and Sable for his unique abilities. And when Roar returns to camp, he is so furious with Perry that he won't even look at him, and Perry begins to feel like they have already lost.

Out of options, Perry and Aria assemble a team to mount an impossible rescue mission-because Cinder isn't just the key to unlocking the Still Blue and their only hope for survival, he's also their friend. And in a dying world, the bonds between people are what matter most.

Strengths:

• Perry and Aria, how I love you! How I love the complete lack of a love triangle, the proof that boys and girls can be friends without falling in love (
  • There’s a pretty nifty new character that I can’t tell you anything about! But I like that added touch, it rounded out our knowledge pretty well.
  • I enjoyed that Into the Still Blue let us spend more time with old secondary characters that were always just on the periphery before. We finally get to know some of the Dwellers better, and some of the Tides too!

Weaknesses:

•  Into the Still Blue was painfully predictable for me. I love plot twists, can’t get enough of them, and I want to be wondering what will happen otherwise I just don’t care. I had a hard time getting hooked with Into the Still Blue because it was pretty obvious how things would turn out in every situation.
  • Along those lines, I really don’t feel like Into the Still Blue got started until 2/3 through. Up until that point, Aria and Perry were trying, sure, but they didn’t really manage to do much.
  • There are still questions, one major question, that remain and I am so unsatisfied D:
  • The ending of Into the Still Blue left me wanting for more in a very frustrating way since it seems unlikely there will be more. There was so much left to do and figure out, why can’t that happen???

Summary:

From looking at the strengths of Into the Still Blue, it basically all comes down to the characters. The characters, primary and secondary, are awesome and I love them dearly. However, the rest of Into the Still Blue just left me wanting more, which doesn’t work for a final book. I know a lot of other people have enjoyed Into the Still Blue more than me, so keep that in mind ;-). I’m just weird sometimes, haha.

Source: http://www.onstarshipsanddragonwings.com